The Latest Release September 2016 – Mobile Sales Enablement Focus
At FatStax, the mobile sales enablement presses are always rolling. With this year’s major release, we’ve added new IOS 10 support, as well as meaningful updates to our iPad sales app, iPhone Sales App, and CloudStax CMS. We’ve also added a new offline forms features and made it easier for sales people to favorite the products and files they use the most.
Read on to find out how we’re working to make our sales enablement tools and products better for businesses and their sales teams..
1. Compatible with IOS 10
All the new software features are compatible with IOS 10 as well as IOS 9. So if you haven’t upgraded yet, no worries (we haven’t either ;).
2. Product Cards (now on the iPad too!)
Product Cards are an easy way to read a quick summary of the “Page” in your mobile app, view an image of a product, add an item to Favorites, and send information to a customer.
- If configured, displays an image and a short description of the product.
- Adds a Page to your Favorites to quickly find your most important information.
- Email the Page to a customer or add the Page to a Stack without ever viewing the Page.
3. Create Favorites – iPhone and iPad
Favorites allows you to add a Page to a top level Category to quickly locate certain product pages, files, videos, and more. You can add your most popular Pages to one Category to send or display them quickly for a customer with your iPad sales app.
Tap on “Favorite” for any Page that displays a star to add that Page to the Favorites Category.
A selected star next to “Favorite” indicates that the Page has already been added to the Favorites Category.
Favorites determined on the iPhone will not automatically be synced over to the iPad and vice versa. It is a separate category for each device.
4. Search by Name and SKU on the iPhone
Now the iPhone (like the iPad) enables you to search by Name and SKU in addition to Full Text.
- Scroll down to locate the search bar
- Above the search bar is an option called “Search by” – tap on “Search by”(1)
- Select your search criteria (2)
- Search by Full Text – searches through every word on a page
- Search by Name – only searches through the Page Names
- Search by SKU – only searches through the SKUs
4. Secure Resources – now with added security
Some Resources are set to “Secure” by your administrator. This prevents you from email or texting a document to a customer. That might be why you can not add these to an email or to a stack.
5. Automatic Catalog Downloading in the background on WiFi
Version 3.2 for both the iPad and iPhone is enabled to download any new catalog versions automatically in the background. When your administrator publishes an updated catalog with new information, your device will get notified and download the catalog if you are on wifi even if the iPad is not active (like at night). This is super-handy to keep the app updated. The Resource files will update as soon as you activate the catalog as long as you are on wifi.
You will need to enable this feature
6. New Sync Notifications
We are giving you more ways to see that you have new content in addition to automatic downloads.
If there is a new version but it hasn’t yet downloaded, you will see a pop-up notification giving you an option to update the catalog. You will only see this once per day so it’s not annoying.
From the notification you can either:
- Sync the Catalog now, “Install Now”
- Defer the sync until later, “Later”
If you tap “Later, you will receive the same notification the next day you open the app until the new Catalog has been synced.
If you tap “Sync Now”, the syncing process will begin right away. Just note that your app will not show images or access files until the download process is completed. The green check mark in the upper right corner indicates app is ready to work offline.