What the heck is a mobile sales tool any way? The reality is most people including Google seem to have very different opinions. So we set out to fix that.
We asked our design team to spend some time creating an engaging and humorous presentation that demonstrates exactly what a mobile sales tool is?
The presentation is fully available on SlideShare and has been downloaded close to 60 times since we published it.
Hope you find it useful!
Here’s my notes from a recent talk I gave using this slide deck. Maybe they’ll give you further guidance.
What is mobile sales tool?
1. WHAT IS A MOBILE SALES TOOL? Heck, maybe you have been tasked with building one. You own a smart phone You’ve heard about mobile sales tools
2. ONE BIG PROBLEM
3. GOOGLE CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHAT A MOBILE SALES TOOL IS!
4. a variety of apps that can be useful to sales people on their smart devices.
5. Google thinks it’s a mobile tool salesman.
6. If Google can’t ﬁgure out what a mobile sales tool is, how can a Marketer be expected to do any better?
7. LET’S FIX THAT!
9. CAN WE ALL AGREE THAT SALES PEOPLE COULD USE MOBILE APPS TO: LOCATE THEMSELVES SAVE KEY INFORMATION LOOK UP CUSTOMER INFORMATION PRESENT INFORMATION TO PROSPECTS
10. DEFINITION OF A MOBILE SALES TOOL An application that is used to enable or accelerate the sales process conveniently from a tablet or smartphone wherever or whenever the timing is right.
11. AS A MARKETER OR SALES MANAGER, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY CONCERNED WITH GENERATING REVENUE.
12. REVENUE-GENERATING MOBILE SALES TOOLS FALL INTO THE “PRESENT INFORMATION TO PROSPECTS” CATEGORY.
13. SO, WHAT TYPES OF MOBILE APPS DO THAT?
14. IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOUR TEAM SELLS.
15. THEY MAY SELL WITH: PRESENTATIONS GIANT CATALOGS (DESCRIPTIONS, PRICES, SKUS) VISUAL SELLING AIDS (VIDEOS, IMAGES, CHARTS, ANIMATIONS) FORMS FOR CUSTOM PROJECTS AND SERVICES
16. Or they may use ALL THE ABOVE to sell to prospects.
17. SO, TO DEFINE THE BEST MOBILE SALES TOOL FOR YOUR TEAM, YOU NEED TO START WITH HOW YOUR TEAM SELLS FIRST.
18. HOWEVER, TO GENERATE REVENUE, YOU NEED TO PICK A TARGET. A REVENUE-GENERATING TARGET.
19. HERE ARE 10 WAYS Marketers and Sales Managers can hit revenue-generating targets with mobile sales tools. 1 Focus on the middle 60%. 2 Proﬁtable products ﬁrst. 3 Train new reps faster. 4 Reduce your print spend.5 New product training is key. 6 Build for your top dealers and distributors. 7Make pricing easy to ﬁnd. 8Focus on HOT new products. 9 Get the jump on competitors by cross-referencing data. 10 Stop emailing sales collateral.
21. So, now you know how your team sells and you have a target. Let’s dive into the tools to get your app built.
22. Mobile sales tool platforms on the market may be composed of 3 layers.
FILE MANAGEMENT LAYER – Where marketers organize, upload, and manage product assets.
PRESENTATION LAYER – Where sales reps interact and present product data to prospects.
AUTOMATION LAYER – Where prospect information is seamlessly integrated into your CRM.
23. These 3 layers make it easy to: Manage and easily ﬁnd information Deliver information (ﬁles, product specs, branding) Capture information (customer data and usage data) Integrate into other systems (CRM, Marketing Automation, ERP)
24. A great File Management Layer makes it easy on the Marketer and engages them to use it!
25. The Presentation Layer is an App on a Smart Device or “System of Engagement.” Presents information to reps and prospects Captures information via rep input Sends sales collateral
26. THE SINGLE BIGGEST MISTAKE IS TO ASSUME THAT THE APP IS THERE TO ENGAGE YOUR CUSTOMER!
27. The app is the system of engagement for your sales people, not your customers. Sales people use the tool to engage prospects and accelerate their sales cycle.
28. Thus, a mobile sales tool enables your reps to sell more of your products & services via the Presentation Layer.
29. The Automation Layer logs the activity or triggers the appropriate actions within a third-party platform such as a CRM or Marketing Automation system.