Creating a compelling booth strategy that gets tons of prospects stopping by is really hard.
But proving that prospects who came by your booth actually bought something? Even harder.
We’ve been there. Our first ever trade show was Dreamforce in 2014. We spent $37,000.00 and got exactly ZERO closed deals from the 350+ badges we scanned.
Heck, we even traded leads with 5 other Marketers to get our list to 15oo “leads” and NONE of those went anywhere either.
Let me tell you, it’s hard to go back to your investors as a start-up founder and tell them you spent $37,000 of their money got a big fat nothing for it.
If your trade show strategy consists of crossing your fingers, email blasting a bunch of people that let you scan their badge, and praying they’ll buy something from your reps, you’ve gone astray.
Truth is, it’s hard to qualify leads in your booth and prove they went on to become loyal customers. Mainly because most of us have no idea what we’re doing.
We don’t know stuff like…
- How to “qualify” prospects at a trade show and focus on the 10% that will actually buy something
- How to “tag” a booth prospect with a topic of interest and automate marketing email and call sequences that are targeted to their specific needs
- How to set up your Marketing Automation system and CRM system workflows to properly log trade show related activities and route prospects to targeted follow-up campaigns
- How to successfully automate assigning leads to the right BDRs and sales people immediately from the trade show floor
- How to stop printing and shipping so many materials for trade shows
As a Marketer, you’re busy trying to trying to create awesome experiences that drive highly qualified prospects down the funnel and get them to buy more products. Spending time figuring out how to build better apps for trade shows and tie them to your systems is a giant time suck.
Following up with leads from your trade show booth should be easy, not a grueling two week chore.
It’s the end of all your hard work. Spending months trying to deliver leads to the right reps, curating spreadsheets, uploading .csv files to your CRM, and email spray and pray is a horrible experience that zaps your will to live.
It doesn’t have to be that hard, though. You just need a plan and a strategy team to make it easy.