Content for your Sales Team on the iPad
Dear FatStax Team,
We recently introduced iPads to our sales teams fully loaded with an extraordinary amount of valuable marketing literature. We are turning over the process to Marketing and IT now. I am concerned already, with the requests I have received from our Marketing department, that they just want everything on there. Isn’t having these materials on our website enough?
Do you have any articles you have written regarding what makes sense and more importantly, what doesn’t, for iPad content?
Angie, Director of Sales Training, Ace Corporation (Name and company changed to protect the innocent)
We recently received this question at firstname.lastname@example.org and thought the answer might be useful to your iPad launch teams out there.
This is Rusty Bishop from FatStax. Great question. We work a lot with our customers to assist on iPad launches for companies, so I hope my answer helps you out.
Sales Process drives iPad Sales App Content
The Fast and the Easy – iPad Sales App and Content
- PDF/Literature repository that is targeted or searchable – Speed is the key
- Key PowerPoint/Keynote Presentations for product lines – Targeted is the key
- Catalog or Sales App (this is admittedly our view of the world since we provide FatStax)
- CRM Interface – could be web-based or Chatter from Salesforce.com
- Web Browser – preloaded with quick reference bookmarks
Training for iPad Sales Teams is the key